Gank Your Heart

| Air: 2019
| Episode: 35
| Cast: Wang Yibo | Wang ZiXuan
Rookie host, Qiu Ying is assigned to interview top e-sport player, Gu Fang. She follows his team, Legends to compete in international iconquer competition in Vancouver. Who would’ve expected that Legend fails to win and Gu Fang refuses any interview. Qiu Ying approaches Legend’s strategist, Ji Xiangkong only to get scolded.
The business’ politics make their relationship more complicated. Qiu Ying and Ji Xiangkong soon found they have something in common: being stabbed by their colleagues. XD. They have to face numerous made-up scandals to the point they’re forced to leave their jobs.
When Qiu Ying is fired from her host job, Ji Xiangkong suggests her to pursue a career as iconquer’s commentator. He helps her understanding the game and gains the confidence to fight in commentary competition. On the other hand, Qiu Ying keeps supporting him to look for the best team to reach his goal winning an international championship.
However, by the time they both realize their feelings, Ji Xiangkong’s old flame return to China.

Let me tell you what I like about this drama:
1. I like Wang Zi Xuan since My Mr. Mermaid. She finally gets the lead, I’m very happy for her. Although her style has turned different, she does looks like a heroine now.
2. Thanks to The Untamed, I kinds enjoy watching Wang Yibo on screen. 
3. My favorite character is Pei Xi, Ji Xiangkong’s rival. I didn’t like him for the first 15 episodes. I thought he was lame, too weird. Turned out he’s very cute. Probably because he’s not chasing Qiu Ying, but aiming for Ji Xiangkong. I know what you think. This is not BL, although I can imagine fans making fanfic about Ji Xiangkong-Pei Xi pair. Lol.
4. The songs are amazing. I fall in love with the songs before I even watch the drama. 

Now, it’s time for my nagging:
The story is so Korean style. You notice a lot of slow motion, the boy being too sweet toward the girl like tying her shoelaces. It’s too much for me.
Also I don’t like the plot that looks like a rollercoaster. It seems like they don’t want Ji Xiangkong and Qiu Ying to take a happy breath. Every time they gain something, unfortunate events come quickly: the return of exgirlfriend, the brother’s accident, the ex-girl turned blind. Please. And every time, Ji Xiangkong doesn’t have a heart to firmly pick the right attitude. I think an unassertive guy is so unattractive.

Watch

Post a Comment

0 Comments