Hikaru No Go

 

Legendary go player in Liang Dynasty, Chu Ying dreamt of finding the Divine Move. But, before reaching his goal, he’s cheated in a game in front of emperor. The emperor banned him to play go in public. This led him to choose death.

However, he magically returns and  lingers around a 5th grader, Shi Guang. Shi Guang lends Chu Ying his hands so he can play go with various people. One day, Shi Guang defeats the son of Go Grandmaster, Yu Liang. Yu Liang is a prodigy and he decides to work hard to return the loss.

But, after 6 years, Shi Guan never really interested in Go. Yu Liang who’s just returned from practicing in Korea, is really disappointed to face the real Shi Guang. Learning how hard Yu Liang strive to be better snaps Shi Guang and he the realizes how interesting go is. He starts taking it serious and follow the path to be professional player. But, can he catch up to Yu Liang? Can he finally found the Divine Move Chu Ying has been dreamt for thousand years?

Did I watch the anime before? Did I read the manga when I was little? I don’t remember finishing any of them. I do remember Hikaru (Shi Guang) has very weird hair and the Chu Ying in original series is called “Sai”. Was this a BL story? Hmmmmmmm. Now that I think about it, it similar to Kuroshitsuji? But, the liveaction is really gay. Lol. You’ll be amused. 

I don’t know why japanese never picked this as liveaction project, but I’m glad it’s chinese production. Japanese idea of Hikaru no Go might be shonen style, which is fill of adventure, “i’m not gonna lose to you”, and friendship. But, Chinese cinematography brings the beauty camera work without being too greasy. Summary, it’s my blessing to watch Hikaru no Go as chinese project. 


And unlike tenipuri that I’m too familiar where I get confused calling chinese name (in my head it’s always Ryoma instead of Lu Xia. So, my brain works twice harder to translate the name into original), I’m not familiar with the character of Hikaru no Go. So, watching this liveaction is really enjoyable (no hardworking translating machine in my head). Lol.


Air   2020.10.27 ~ 2020.11.26 

Episodes  36

Cast   Hu Xian Xu | Zhang Chao | Hao Fu Shen | Han Mu Bo | Ji Li

Download

Post a Comment

0 Comments