The Bravest

| Release: 2019.08.01
| Cast: Huang Xiao Ming | Du Jiang  | Gu Jia Cheng | Zhang Zhe Han

The battle isn't over yet
Jiang Ji Wei is the captain of Dongshan firefighter squadron. He used to be the captain of the Special Brigade Squadron. After losing a newbie in a scene, he suffers a post-traumatic stress disorder, can't help but losing guts. His Dongshan's men spite him for the cowardice.

One day, there's an explosion in the coastal oil tank area. The fire spread quickly from another tank to another. If it reaches the chemical tanks contained cyanide, there goes the city. Every unit of firefighters is deployed to the area. This time, Jiang Ji Wei will prove that he still has the bravery.

 
First of all, I love the colors. The cinematography is top-notched. The spreading fire is shown in slow motion, melt with the oil...wah so beautiful. Also the sound of fire is amazing. It sounds like a monster to me. This movie needs to be watched in cool audio system.




And the cast? They're so much to my liking. Zhang Zhe Han is not portraying a cool character, which is refreshing. Gu JiaCheng is doing a great job as a hot-headed firefighter. Yang Zi seems like in every movie I watch lately, no problem though. I like her. Ou Hao is fine (never thought I would fall for his voice). The kid playing Jiang Ji Wei's son is so cute, you better grow into a handsome guy, boy.

 


















However, the story is nothing new. It follows the typical path started with losing then trying to prove himself. I quite admire the part when they put PTSD into the line, it's very accurate. They could've explore it further, though. I mean who won't get mental problems after watching such a traumatic event.

Frankly speaking, I actually like the melodramatic scenes, reminding us that firefighter is also human. They're not a robot. They have a family. It becomes the reason to keep fighting so they can come home to them. 
Now excuse me, I have to pick my one gallon of tears....


download


Post a Comment

0 Comments