[SP] Kamisama no Beret

| Broadcast: 2013.09.24
| Cast: Oshima Yuko | Kusanagi Tsuyoshi

Kamisama no Beret reveals story about legendary Tezuka Osamu sensei. In 1973 he had the biggest slump as mangaka due to public disaffection to shonen manga. But, the chief editor of CHampion Magazine gave him another chance to revive, Thus, he began writing "Black Jack". After that, numerous jobs coming and he accepted all. This gives him or his assistants no time to rest,  but he's always eager to draw. The editors keep clinging on his door, desperately waiting for manuscripts. Among them, Odamachi is the youngest who always complaining of the mangaka's ethics. But, then she comes to realize his passion to bring the most interesting story to the readers.

I'm an editor myself and I find this really inspiring. For all this time, I try hard not to push the writers for that would bring their most creative sides. But, most of them are lazy, slow and often give unfinished work. So, I kinda take them as enemy. Why would they work half-assed? Why? That's what I keep asking myself. But, I realize that editor is writer's best friend. I try my best to fix their work so it's worth printed. I find myself being pushy and fussy to their content and I know it upset them. But, when the writing is published and they read it with satisfaction, I feel happier.

Kamisama no Beret shows me that being editor means you have to strive your best to get the manuscript ready for the printing, using any means. Though you'll look like demon in front of the writer, it's all for his sake. I believe, no Tezuka Osamu if he's abandoned by editors.

check whathesub (hardsub)

Post a Comment

0 Comments